Our newsletter, "Recreation Matters", is updated in February, May, August & November!
You can access our newsletter online, at Town Hall, at the Wilmington Memorial Library and the Buzzell Senior Center.
How to Register:
- Weekdays: Monday—Friday, 8:30 a.m. — 4:30 p.m., Recreation Office, Town Hall, Room 8.
- Mail: Recreation Department, Town Hall, 121 Glen Road, Wilmington, MA 01887
- Night Drop: In a sealed envelope, place payment, with your contact information including phone number, and program or trip information in the Payment Drop Off slot in the wall at the left of the front door to Town Hall. The box is opened once a day, Monday through Friday, at 8:30 a.m. The date payment is received is the date it is removed from the box.
- Online Registration - click on the prompt on the Recreation Dept. home page.
- Pre-registration and/or pre-payment are required for all programs, except for Community Events.
- Please mark your calendar. There are no reminder calls.
- Payment is by cash, check, debit or credit card. There is a processing fee for any class or program cancellation.
- Programs are offered on a first come-first served basis for Wilmington residents. Non-resident participation is at the discretion of the Recreation Department. Non-residents may be placed on a waiting list and may pay a surcharge.
- Avoid disappointment - sign up early! Many programs have minimum registration requirements and risk cancellation if under enrolled.
- If a program is full, ask to be placed on the waiting list.
- Many programs depend on volunteers! Call if interested.
- We welcome suggestions for new classes, programs or trips.
- Group sales allow us to offer the best possible prices for show and sports tickets, and occur well before sales to the general public. In order to secure the best possible prices and seats, we must plan in advance - sometimes well before an event will actually be held, and before you see it advertised. If it is in our newsletter - it is time to register!
We encourage residents of varying abilities, disabilities to participate in our programs, trips, etc. If you require an accommodation, call the Recreation Office at (978) 658—4270 or call TTY (978) 694—1417.
In order to manage the large number of students looking for volunteer opportunities, we ask that anyone interested in volunteering with us register in advance of the event. We ask that each volunteer contact us himself/herself. Call or stop by.